a serious fucking problem in society that needs to be stopped immediately
Hey guys! So a lot of people have been asking me how I do pixels and instead of repeating myself 30000000 times I decided to make a tutorial!
I really hope it makes sense, because I’m really bad at explaining things and I super-de-duper hope ‘s useful to you guys! Oh man if you make a pixel following this tutorial you should show me *//u//*
If you have any questions, just shoot me an ask!
I hope this will be helpful to you guys! Have fun painting!
-Gif of the tutorial work progress (best viewd in Firefox)
ELIOLI tutorials and processes
A Whole ‘Lotta Tutorials, Y’all.
We should mention that all of these were done in Photoshop CS3 and Paint Tool SAI!
This time, it’s all combined into one, if anyone were to reference these… if any at all!
Oh and sorry if you can’t read the first one too well (really old one), but you get the idea!
Some of you were asking about our tutorials!
KILL LA KILL Newspaper Ads: Ryuko Matoi by Sushio for Tokyo odition & Satsuki Kiryuin by You Yoshinari for Osaka Edition
Soul Eater: animation → reality
please do not remove cosplayer sources
I’ve received so many questions about how I made this arm. I got the idea from this lovely robo arm and as it turned out, she also used the same base pattern that I had planned to (Edward Elric’s automail arm).
Basically what I did was take the pattern and heavily alter the arm pieces while keeping the hand mostly the same. I used mostly craft foam combined with leftover styrene I had from a different prop project, and three different size brads (from the scrap-booking section of Michaels). I glued everything together with high temp hot glue, but I sealed the finger pieces with e6000 at the seams to ensure that they wouldn’t pop open in hot weather. Once I had all my parts glued together, I coated them in about seven layers of Mod Podge cut by half with water. Once this was done, I coated all pieces in Plasti-Dip spray (it’s a rubber coating that you can get at Home Depot near where the spray paint is). Since I wanted the arm to ultimately look used and abused, I made sure my spray wasn’t perfectly even - just don’t overspray or you’ll lose some of your detail. When this was dry, I added the brads and painted over them with black acrylic paint.
I covered each piece first with silver Rub n Buff - again, acquired at Michael’s. Then I did washes and dry brush layers of black, brown, and orange with some additional green Rub n Buff antiquing wax. I started with the idea of making the rust look natural but got lazy halfway through.
The forearm closes with velcro, hot glued in place. The upper arm doesn’t open, it just slides on and stays. I accidentally made the arm smaller than I’d wanted to so it’s a tight enough fit that the pieces don’t slide around. The wiring between the joints is held in with duct tape, and only attached at one end, so it moves in and out as I flex my arm and wrist. The hand piece slides on. I wore a full-arm length glove under the arm to improve the aesthetic and for comfort.
I hope I covered everything. Let me know if there are any questions and good luck!